A quick overview of what we offer at The Pennington School
Our beautiful campus encompasses 54 green acres for just under 500 students.
Founded in 1838, The Pennington School is an independent, coeducational school serving day and boarding students in grades 6 through 12.
- Alumni of record: 4,600
- Total student enrollment: 488
- Average class size: 13
- Student/faculty ratio: 6:1
- Total faculty: 92
- 70% with advanced degrees
- 50% live on campus
- Faculty members average 18 years' experience in their field
54-acre campus located in Pennington, NJ
10 miles from Princeton, NJ
60 miles from New York City
40 miles from Philadelphia
- Four academic buildings,with a new Humanities building in planning stages now
- Meckler Library
- Campus Center
- Dining Hall
- Health Center
- Sports facilities: indoor swimming pool, wellness center, various sports fields, outdoor tennis courts
- New student applications: 583
- New students enrolled: 116
- Students receiving financial aid: 23%
- Middle School Day: $32,050
- Upper School Day: $33,300
- Boarding Supplement: $16,150
- Center for Learning Supplement: $18,600
- Communication Skills Supplement: $14,800
- ESL Supplement: $3,000/class
- Academic/Math Skills Tutorial Supplement (per semester): $2,200
English I and II; Geometry, Algebra I and II, Pre-Calculus; Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Advanced Research in Molecular Biology, Physics; U.S. History, World History; German III and IV; French III and IV; Spanish II, III and IV; Latin III and IV.
English Literature and Composition, English Language and Composition; U.S. History, Macroeconomics, Government and Politics, Modern European History; Statistics, Calculus AB and BC; Latin V: Vergil, French, German, and Spanish Language and Literature; Physics, Chemistry, Biology; Art Portfolio, Music Theory.
Easily accessible by NJ Transit/Amtrak/SEPTA (15-minute drive), and by air (Philadelphia and Newark Airports approximately one-hour drive)
This information is current as of June 2014.