A quick overview of what we offer at The Pennington School
Our beautiful campus encompasses 54 green acres for just over 500 students.
Founded in 1838, The Pennington School is an independent, coeducational school serving day and boarding students in grades 6 through 12.
- Alumni of record: 4,600
- Total student enrollment: 500
- Average class size: 13
- Student/faculty ratio: 6:1
- Total faculty: 92
- 73% with advanced degrees
- 50% live on campus
- Faculty members average 18 years' experience in their field
The Pennington School is committed to developing individual excellence in all of its students.
54-acre campus located in Pennington, NJ
10 miles from Princeton, NJ
60 miles from New York City
40 miles from Philadelphia
- Four academic buildings, including the new Kenneth Kai Tai Yen Humanities Building. Almost every classroom was renovated in 2016.
- Meckler Library
- Campus Center
- Dining Hall
- Health Center
- Sports facilities: indoor swimming pool, wellness center, various sports fields, outdoor tennis courts
- New student applications: 583
- New students enrolled: 116
- Students receiving financial aid: 23%
- Middle School Day: $34,300
- Upper School Day: $36,300
- Boarding Supplement: $17,650
- Center for Learning Supplement: $20,200
- Communication Skills Supplement: $16,050
- ESL Supplement: $3,150/class
- Academic/Math Skills Tutorial Supplement (per semester): $2,300
English I and II; Geometry, Algebra II, Pre-Calculus; Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics; U.S. History, World History; German III and IV; French III and IV; Spanish II, III and IV; Latin III and IV.
English Literature and Composition, English Language and Composition; U.S. History, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Government and Politics, European History; Statistics, Calculus AB and BC; Latin, French, German, and Spanish Language and Culture; Physics C, Chemistry, Biology; Art Portfolio, Music Theory, Computer Science A.
Easily accessible by NJ Transit/Amtrak/SEPTA (15-minute drive), and by air (Philadelphia and Newark Airports approximately one-hour drive)
This information is current as of August 2016.