Day Student Transportation
The Pennington School does not offer transportation for day students. However, the following information is included to help you secure transportation for your child from your local school district. Many districts that are near The Pennington School do arrange transportation. Some districts do not provide transportation but may give reimbursement in lieu of transportation. All buses depart from The Pennington School at approximately 3:25 p.m. every day.
Information is provided below about transportation for the 2015–16 school year. If you have further questions, please get in touch with Registrar Jeanne Hamburg via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 609–737–6136.
IMPORTANT: In the event of a delayed opening or cancellation of school due to weather conditions, parents should contact the local school district. Buses will follow the announcements and decisions for each individual school district, not The Pennington School’s schedule.
New Jersey law states that if a school district provides bus transportation for public school students, it must also provide this service to independent school students if the home-to-school distance is at least two miles and not more than twenty miles. The school district may opt to make direct compensatory payments to a family in lieu of providing transportation.
In order to apply for transportation or reimbursement:
- You must be a New Jersey resident, and your child must be enrolled as a day student at The Pennington School.
- To ensure busing for all students who need it, even if your child will not require transportation, a B6T Transportation Form must be completed and returned to the Registrar at The Pennington School. This form is sent to all eligible current New Jersey day students by mail or by email, along with a letter, on February 1. Families of returning students have two weeks to complete, sign, and return the original forms for transportation for the following year. Families of new students applying to The Pennington School should fill out the form as soon as admission has been confirmed.
- Parents requesting transportation must submit one application for each child enrolled at The Pennington School and must indicate the name of your local school district at the top of the form. Contact your local public school if you are unsure about the name of your school district.
- If your address changes during the school year, please contact the Registrar, along with your school district’s transportation director, so that the information is current and arrangements can be made to transfer your child(ren) to a new bus system.
- This procedure must be followed each spring as bus arrangements with your school district are not automatically renewed every year. School districts will notify families over the summer to advise whether bus transportation or reimbursement in lieu of transportation will be provided for your child.
IMPORTANT: In the event of a delayed opening or cancellation of school due to weather conditions, parents should contact the local school district. Buses will follow the announcements and decisions for each individual school district, not The Pennington School’s schedule. Days on which the public schools are closed and The Pennington School is open, bus transportation is not provided by the local district.
Under provisions set forth by Act 372, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania provides transportation from certain school districts to The Pennington School. Pennsbury and Council Rock school districts provide transportation to The Pennington School, and new families should inform the Registrar of their needs by June 1 for the following academic year.