Campus Tour

Old Main

Old Main
Built in the 1800s, Old Main is the oldest building on campus and serves many purposes. It contains administrative offices, and classrooms for history, religion, mathematics, English, and English as a Second Language. Upper floors of Old Main serve as residential halls.

Lowellden House
Named after the poet James Russell Lowell, Lowellden is now the home of the Office of Admission. Until 1992, it served as the headmaster's house and was home to such fabled headmasters as Dr. Francis Harvey Green and Dr. Nelson M. Hoffman.

Lowellden House
O'Hanlon Lawn

O'Hanlon Lawn
At the heart of the Pennington campus, this grassy area is enjoyed by students during warm weather for relaxing, meeting with friends, or tossing a Frisbee around. O'Hanlon Lawn is all that remains of O'Hanlon Hall, one of the earliest buildings on campus. Built in 1901, it contained administrative offices, classrooms, residence halls, and the Shaw Memorial Chapel. In January 1980, O'Hanlon Hall burned to the ground and changed the Pennington campus forever.

The Campus Center
Opened in 2004, the Campus Center houses the Student Center, foreign language classrooms, visual arts classrooms and studios, music classrooms and practice rooms, a tiered choral room, and the Diane T. McLarty Theater. The Campus Center offers students spaces to paint, dance, sing, sculpt, perform, socialize, and share our community's many talents.
Campus Center
The Lodge
The Lodge
Located in the heart of campus, The Lodge is home to Pennington's Alumni and Development and Communications offices.
Veterans Monument
Dedicated in 2009, the Veterans Monument, located on the Old Main lawn, is dedicated to Pennington alumni who honorably served their country during both war and times of peace. The monument recognizes the five branches of the United States military and provides both a lasting tribute as well as a place of quiet solitude and peace for students and faculty. This project was funded primarily by the Class of 1948.
Veterans Monument
Dining Hall
Dining Hall
Three meals a day are served in the dining hall during the school week. A salad bar, a wok bar, a pizza bar, and hot and cold entrees provide a choice for a variety of student tastes. Brunch and dinner are served on the weekends.
Meckler Library
The Library's reading room is a tranquil place for students to study and conduct research. There is an extensive array of online research resources in addition to the book collection, which includes a variety of fiction and nonfiction volumes and reference materials. Access to interlibrary loan provides students with an even wider extent of resources.
Meckler Library
Stainton Hall
Stainton Hall
Built in 1981, Stainton Hall houses the main administrative offices, the Middle School, the Center for Learning, and newly renovated science classrooms and laboratories. The Lecture Center is also found in Stainton Hall.