Global Studies Certificate Program
Learn how to make a difference in the world
The Pennington School's Certificate in Global Studies is a two-year, interdisciplinary program open to all Pennington students. Students apply for the program in the winter of their sophomore year for participation during their junior and senior years. The Certificate in Global Studies is awarded at Commencement in June.
The program provides an interdisciplinary academic environment that prepares students to meaningfully participate and succeed in their ever-changing world. By participating in the program, students will develop their capacity to understand and act on issues of global significance. Broadening their outlook outside of their school environment, Global Studies students will take steps to achieve purposeful action in the world and take their places as true global citizens.
- What is the cost of this program?
- Who should apply to the program?
- Is the Global Studies Certificate Program an honors-level course of study?
- I do not take a world language but I am very interested in global affairs. May I apply to the Global Studies Certificate Program?
- I have already taken some of the courses on the list. Do those classes count toward the requirement for the certificate?