International Student Services
The School assists its international students in a variety of ways. Our Director of International Student Services is dedicated to helping you navigate the sometimes complex logistics of studying abroad. The ways we can assist include:
- Issuance of the I-20 upon enrollment for obtaining a student (F-1) visa
- Orientation for new students and their parents before the opening of school in September
- Personal email accounts and access to fax services
- On-campus banking services
- ESL support and ESL evening study halls, as required
- International Club trips and social activities for American and international students
- Availability of foreign language newspapers and multilingual internet access
- Weekend activity program with on-campus and off-campus activities
- Cultural adjustment support
- Assistance with transportation to area airports
Host International Program
The Host International Program matches our international students with a local host family. Learn more.
ESL (English as a Second Language)
Pennington supports students who have a broad range of language abilities with courses designed to bring them from study in an American middle and upper school to success in an American college. New students are placed in the classes according to their skills and needs as determined by the Dean of Academic Affairs.
Our English as a Second Language (ESL) program provides the linguistic education foreign students might need. However, it is expected that new students arriving at Pennington have some English proficiency. Applicants should have the following minimum TOEFL scores in order to be considered as competitive candidates in the admission process:
Grade 8: 90
Grade 9: 95
Grade 10: 100
Grade 11: 100+
In addition to the ESL program, a comprehensive academic program is offered in the Pennington Upper School that includes Advanced Placement and honors courses in all academic departments, which affords a smooth transition from the course of study begun in the home countries.